What to watch on the final day of #AGU20
We can’t believe it – tomorrow is the final day of #AGU20 live events. However, for registered attendees, all of the recordings and access to posters will be available until 15 February. While we are sad to see our three weeks of geoscience end, we are going out with a bang:
- Join AGU CEO Randy Fiser, AGU early career representatives, and rapper Baba Brinkman from 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. ET as they distill the first 100% virtual AGU Fall Meeting.
- Join current AGU editorial board members in an open discussion on their journals and the importance of publishing.
- Check out the third and final part of an innovative session “Understanding Geoscience Careers Behind Critical Infrastructure: San Francisco, New Orleans and Los Angeles.”
- An innovative session, “Moving Beyond the Standard: A Transdisciplinary Virtual Event for Early-Career Scientists,” will facilitate early career collaboration, foster networking and mentoring, and showcase creative ways to advance science and societal challenges.
- Some sessions to check out:
- A251 – Megafire and Pyrocumulonimbus in the Climate System I eLightning
- GC135 – Renewable Energy: Solar and Energy Integration I eLightning
- B128 – Tropical Forests Under a Changing Environment II
- H223 – Coastal Hydrology I
- P089 – Concepts for Future Planetary Science Missions and Instruments II eLightning
- MR030 – Earthquakes in the Laboratory I
- NH042 – Extreme Sea Levels: Statistics, Impacts, and Adaptation I
- SH057 – Preparing for Solar Cycle 25: Recent Successes, Current Challenges, and Next Steps in Solar Flare Modeling I
- EP069 – Global Geochemical Cycles and Earth’s Climate over Geologic Time I eLightning
- NG013 – When We Don’t Know Everything: Stochastic Approaches, Mathematical Physics, and Complexity Across the Earth System Sciences I
- MR029 – From Crack Tips to Mountaintops: Interactions Between Environment, Fracture Growth, and Surface Processes in Bedrock Landscapes I