Announcing the 2021 Bridge Program Partners
The AGU Bridge Program has selected 15 new partner departments for 2021.
The AGU Bridge Program seeks to increase diversity in the geosciences by providing students from historically marginalized populations who are looking to pursue a master’s degree or Ph.D. with a network of peers, mentors and advisers to support and serve them before, during and after graduate school.
AGU Bridge Program partners are drawn from geoscience departments at universities and institutions around the country that are seeking to increase diversity in their departments, adopt best practices in admissions and retention of students, and create a welcoming culture within the greater Earth and space sciences community. These departments partner with AGU to provide opportunities and guidance to students from historically marginalized populations.
In 2021, 54 departments applied to become AGU Bridge partners and 15 were selected, making for a total of 46 partners since the start of this program.
AGU is proud to work with this national network as we continue to work towards a positive culture that supports diversity and inclusion in the geosciences.
Congratulations to the 2021 Bridge Program partners:
- Brown University — Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences
- Central Washington University — Department of Geological Sciences
- Florida International University — Department of Earth and Environment
- Northern Arizona University — Center for Ecosystem Science and Society
- The University of Alabama — Department of Geological Sciences
- University of California, San Diego — Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- University of Connecticut — Department of Marine Sciences
- University of Houston — Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign — School of Earth, Society, and the Environment
- University of Kentucky — Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- University of Maryland College Park — Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
- University of Michigan — Ann Arbor – Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- University of Wisconsin-Madison — Department of Geography
- Utah State University — Department of Geosciences
- Western Kentucky University — Department of Earth, Environmental, and Atmospheric Sciences
The application portal for students wishing to apply to the AGU Bridge Program opens mid-December and closes 31 March 2022. If you have a degree closely related to geosciences please apply to be a part of this great program. Please visit the AGU Bridge Program website for details.