AGU Posts Position Description for CEO Search
I want to update you on our progress for AGU’s next CEO and executive director.
As previously announced, Russell Reynolds Associates is our executive search firm. During Fall Meeting 2019, we were pleased that so many of you spoke with RRA’s Stephanie Tomasso and Jamie Hechinger to share your insights.
We have also created a search committee. In addition to myself, it is comprised of:
- Susan Lozier, AGU President-elect, Board member & Council chair
- Eric Davidson, AGU Past President, Board member
- Carol Finn, AGU Past President
- Greg Goldsmith, early career
- Michele Koppes, Cryosphere section president-elect, Council member, mid-career
- Rick Murray, Board member
- George Tsoflias, past Near Surface Geophysics section president, past Council member & past Leadership Development/Governance Committee member
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve developed the position description so we can now begin identifying the best candidates who will share our vision of AGU to embrace both scientific and societal challenges with new partnerships.
We expect to interview individuals in late spring so that we can announce AGU’s next CEO and executive director by the summer.
Please continue to share your thoughts or recommendations (including self-nominations) for candidates by emailing: [email protected].
There are no commentsAdd yours