- This event has passed.
Deadline for applications of Editor in Chief of Global Biogeochemical Cycles
31 March 2021
AGU is looking for a dynamic, well-organized scientist with high editorial standards and strong leadership skills to serve a 4-year term as the editor in chief for this exciting journal.
The Editor-in-Chief is the principal architect of the scientific content of the journal. The EIC is an active scientist, well- known and well-regarded in her/his discipline. The EIC must be active in soliciting the best science from the best scien- tists to be published in the journal. Working with the other editors and AGU staff, the EIC is the arbiter of the content of the journal.
Among other functions, the EIC is responsible for:
- Act as an ambassador to the author/editor/reviewer/scientist community. • Set the strategy for the journal.
- Lead the editor selection process.
- Assign and balance review work load.
- Decisions of ethics.
- Review and contribute to periodic monitoring reports.
- Conduct and attend meetings.